All are welcome to come along on Tuesday at 1pm for a free class. Tai Chi is a traditional Chinese Martial Art, often practiced for its health benefits.
1. Straighten the Head. Hold the head and neck naturally erect with the mind concentrated on top.
2. Keep the chest slightly inward to help sink the breath to the dāntián. Sinking the chest also helps to round the back.
3. Relax the waist. All movements depend on the waist. A relaxed waist makes the two feet able to form a strong base.
4. Distinguish between solid and empty in stances. This gives stability and flexibility in movement.
5. Sink the elbows and shoulders.
6. Use the mind instead of force.
7. Coordinate all movements of the upper and lower parts of the body.
8. Create a harmony between the internal and external parts.
9. Maintain continuity. All movements are continuous in an endless circle.
10. Tranquillity in movement. Movement occurs while there is stillness inward.